WHY Choose Spanish?
Spanish is no longer a foreign language in the U.S. Given the continued growth of
the Hispanic population in California and the nation, we will soon be the largest
Spanish-speaking country in the world. Learning Spanish will help you in business
and your career, and it will enable you to keep pace with Hispanic influence on culture.
WHAT WILL I EXPERIENCE?
- Gain basic proficiency interpreting, writing and speaking Spanish
- Appreciate Hispanic culture, social interactions, beliefs, values, arts, literature and music
- Grasp the relationships and interactions between Hispanic and other cultures
- Interact with multicultural communities using your knowledge of Spanish language and culture
- Opportunity to participate in Spanish Club activities.
WHAT OPPORTUNITIES MIGHT IT LEAD TO?
An associate of arts in Spanish degree can lead to a career in a variety of fields where translating and interpreting are essential. There is a huge demand in the U.S. for Spanish-speakers in nursing, construction, management and media, among other positions. It is also the foundation for four-year college studies in Spanish language and culture.
Explore Careers and Opportunities